- Holistic research approach “From raw material to component”
- Implementation of the Open Innovation idea based on a consistent innovation process as the basis of a sustainable benefit for all partners
- Technical, economical, and ecological consideration of the process chain
- Increased deployment of non-ferrous metals in known application areas
- Development of new areas for non-ferrous metals
- Active training and promotion of young engineers
Due to the close partnership between industry companies and institutes of RWTH Aachen University AMAP GmbH is the leading research and development center for non-ferrous metals in Europe and this along the entire value chain.
The target of the Research Cluster AMAP (Advanced Metals and Processes) is research and development as well as education and further training in the areas of the production and processing of non-ferrous metals and the manufacturing of products made from metals and metallic materials.